One AWWA Operator Scholarship – Requirements, Criteria, Application
AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Kansas Section, will award the One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for Water Operator training and education. Scholarship award can be used for certification/licensure, two-year water related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences. Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Applicant must be a current water operator or seeking to enter the water operator profession.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator’s License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical school.
- Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries covered by the sponsoring Section.
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.